Following the continuing successes of our client, a Leeds based Global market leader in injection moulding, we have an exciting opportunity for a Production Setter (Injection Moulding Machine Setter) to join their organisation. You’ll be joining an organisation that encourages and champions progression and welcomes new ideas and approaches. An environment that thrives on the positivity and motivation of the team to deliver innovative solutions for their clients.
The Production Setter reports to the Setter Supervisor and Manufacturing Manager and will support the Team Leader and Production Team in ensuring that production targets are met and quality & safety standards are respected and carried out.
The Setter’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Plastic injection moulding tool setting/tool changes to conform with the company’s safe working practices and procedures.
- Assist the shift with operating the injection moulding machines, ancillaries and automated assembly machines.
- Ensure machinery is safe, checked in accordance with maintenance logs and repaired either permanently or temporarily in conjunction with the Maintenance Department.
- Refer to standards setting and modify processes, where necessary, in order to achieve maximum production rates and quality standards. Record all changes made to proceed
- Follow the escalating procedure to Toolroom, Maintenance and Technical department. Fill appropriate documents.
- To conform to company culture and employee practice.
- Liaise with the Setter Supervisor, Team Leader, Planning, Quality Department, Toolroom, Maintenance, other team members and other shifts with regard to tool changes, settings, operating procedures and general running requirements.
- Perform tool changes/setting and the application of ancillaries in line with production requirements.
- Attend meetings and communicate effectively with all departments.
- Perform safe interim repairs in the absence of Maintenance and the Toolroom.
- Maintain a safe, healthy, clean and tidy environment for yourself and others.
- Complete training when required.
- Perform any other reasonable task required by the Setter Supervisor, Team Leader, senior managers or directors.
- Compliance with all Health & Safety legislation and relevant industry methods, procedures, good practices etc. Experience Required:
- Considerable experience on injection moulding/tool-setting experience with a recognised company.
- Adequate experience of ancillaries such as material feed systems, masterbatch dosing, chillers, mould heaters, pick and place robotic systems, granulators, conveyors etc.
- Experience of running automatic assembly lines would be an advantage.
- Plastics raw material knowledge (handling, processing etc.)
- The applicant ideally would have experience in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to work in a high pressure site.
- Must be able to work effectively, communicate with others and be willing to work as a part of a team.
Must be willing to work on the company Panama Shift Pattern once confident with machines.
Salary: £33,952 – £35,000
Benefits include but not limited to:
Free onsite parking
Pension 5% employer contribution & extra £25 per month employer contribution
Regular training & chances of progression
25 days annual leave + long service days
Annual Salary review