Deputy Care Home Manager
Welcome to our client’s world of compassionate care. We would like to invite you to join our client’s dedicated team as a Deputy Care Home Manager. Nestled in the heart of North Leeds, this charitable care home embodies a commitment to exceptional resident-centered care.
This role offers a dynamic and fulfilling opportunity to make a meaningful difference. Collaborating closely with the General Manager and esteemed Board of Trustees, you will play a pivotal role in championing the organisation’s cherished values and overarching goals.
Your duties as Deputy Care Home Manager will include:
- Completion of resident care plans and review, to ensure they meet resident needs. Identifying and reporting changes and allocating a key worker to all residents.
- Participation in hands on care, working with, leading, and coaching the care team.
- Effectively managing the team’s performance including Team Leaders. Senior Care staff and members of the catering team.
- Induction and orientation of new staff members, ensuring the delivery of the staff rota with sufficient deployment of the right skills mix of staff to meet residents needs.
- Participation in analysis of accidents/incidents and undertaking effective accident/incident reporting procedures.
- Completion of audit and observation for quality assurance purposes.
- Responsible for medications by undertaking regular audit and observation, ensuring medication procedures are followed and maintained. Assist with the order, receipt, and return of medication.
- Complete hands-on medication administration procedures to support Team Leaders and Senior Care staff where necessary.
- Complete CQC notification and Local authority notifications where required.
- Keep the home manager up to date with any changes in residents’ dependency levels to ensure care needs are met and staffing levels or fees are adjusted accordingly to meet requirements.
- Assist with the pre-admission assessment and welcome procedures for new residents at enquiry and admission stages.
- Responsible for assisting with Health and Safety compliance including risk management.
- Ensure residents have access to services relevant to their needs.
- Planning and participation of activities and events.
Requirements for the Deputy Care Home Manager:
- NVQ Level 3 Adult Social Care
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail in working practices.
- Understanding and competence in using Information Technology.
- Display a caring and empathetic nature towards others.
- Always display a professional approach.
- Be able to deal with and maintain positive, professional relationships with external agencies.
- Understand the Care Quality Commission’s standards and key lines of enquiry, knowing how this will impact upon care management.
- Understand and follow principles of the General Data Protection Regulations for maintaining resident and staff confidentiality.
- Understanding of Health and Safety.
- Understanding in Safeguarding Adults- Local and National policy.
- Understanding of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Understanding of the Mental Capacity Act.
- Knowledge of a care setting and the needs of older people.
- Previous people management.
- Experience of working to targets.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of working in a customer service focused environment.
Discretionary annual bonus